Our priority: The health and safety of our guests and staff.
Ilissos Hotel also participates in the collective effort to limit the spread of Covid 19 Coronavirus, with a sense of responsibility. We implement the guidelines and protocols for the protection and prevention of the Authorities with responsibility and absolute consistency. The health of our customers, our partners and our employees, is at the top of our list.
Based on the health protocols, we inform you about the following issues:
Ilissos Hotel has developed an action plan and individual protocols for each section of the hotel to take action, manage any suspected Covid 19 cases, and to prevent and limit the spread of the virus to staff and visitors. The action plan complies with the instructions of Greece and the international health organizations and will be revised accordingly.
Under the plan, the accommodation management appointed a health coordinator to oversee its implementation and a physician acting on the instructions of EODY to control COVID-19 in a suspected case.
The accommodation notifies the measures and requirements of the Action Plan to all interested parties (internal and external bodies / partners, employees, contractors, suppliers, visitors and the general public).
Accommodation File and Book of Events
- For the purposes of public health protection, the accommodation management keeps a record of the staff members and all persons residing in the accommodation (name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details such as address, telephone, e-mail), so that it is possible to communicate with the close contacts of any COVID-19 patient, which may be identified afterwards.
- There is a provision for safety and security in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all visitors and staff are informed that a file is kept for reasons of public health protection.
- The service book and book of events will always be updated and Ilissos Hotel will always record anything pertaining to Covid 19.
All staff members:
- They have been informed about how the Covid-19 virus is transmitted and are able to provide information to visitors.
- They are trained in specific cleaning and disinfection practices, following hygiene rules to avoid transmitting the virus (frequent hand washing, avoiding handshakes, physical distance, avoiding contact with hands, eyes, nose and mouth, and respiratory hygiene).
- They are equipped with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves).
- They undergo a temperature control every morning.
Reception, facilities and provisions:
- Antiseptic for visitors, at the entrance of the accommodation and in the common areas.
- Floor marking of distances in the waiting area, appropriate arrangement of furniture in order to reduce the waiting time.
- Frequent disinfection of reception offices.
- Employees keep the right distance (at least 1.5 meters from customers).
- When requested, employees have the opportunity to inform guests about the hotel’s rules and the new measures that have been taken.
- The property provides information on basic health guidelines and useful information for visitors.
- For every emergency, a medical kit is available that includes gloves and masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe and laser thermometer.
- The personnel, is able to identify the symptoms and report them to the health care provider.
- All keys are disinfected.
Cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping of rooms and common areas:
- The accommodation implements enhanced disinfection practices in accordance with the instructions of EODY (National Health Organization of Greece).
- In addition to regular cleaning procedures, all “high-risk” items (e.g. knobs) are often disinfected each day.
- In all public areas there are hand sanitizers. The rooms are cleaned when leaving, with special attention to the “touch points”.
- Daily cleaning and changing of sheets, pillows and towels is done only at the request of visitors.
- Fabric surfaces (e.g. furniture upholstery) are cleaned with a steam device (temperature> 70.).
- The rooms, after the guest has checked out, remain empty and adequately ventilated.
Air conditioning and space ventilation
In all rooms of the accommodation, the instructions are applied by the Ministry of Health for “Taking measures to ensure public health from viral and other infections when using air conditioning units”.
- Regular maintenance and chemical cleaning of air conditioners.
- Continuous filter cleaning.
- Ventilation fans have been replaced with new technologies.
- Fan coils have been replaced with new technology.
- Regular maintenance and replacement of filters using and taking all protective measures including respiratory protection.
- Care for the systematic natural ventilation of the space through openings (windows, external doors) and even the parallel use of air conditioners.
COVID-19 Suspected Case Management Plan
If a visitor develops symptoms compatible with COVID-19 infection, the following applies:
- The doctor with whom the tourist accommodation cooperates is called to evaluate the incident.
- If the patient is in urgent need of hospitalization and/or presents or already has, a severe clinical picture, he is referred to the relevant hospital, as a suspected case of COVID-19.
- If the patient has a mild clinical picture, a sample for laboratory confirmation of COVID-19, is obtained from the physician.
- If the incident is assessed as a possible COVID-19 by the examining physician, the health manager of the accommodation communicates IMMEDIATELY with EODY at 210 5212054 or the special four-digit number 1135 (24 hours a day), for a statement of the suspected case and instructions for dealing with it.
- The patient with a mild clinical picture remains in his room until the results of the laboratory test are announced.
- During the above waiting period, the entry of staff into the patient’s room is avoided, if there is no significant reason. If necessary, a staff member of the accommodation is advised to deal exclusively with the possible case.
- The doctor and staff of the accommodation that will enter the room of the suspected COVID 19 case, (or later confirmed confirmed case) must use high-protection personal protective equipment (masks, glasses, waterproof disposable robes). The same applies to the staff who will deal with the cleaning of a patient’s room with COVID-19.
- If confirmed as a case of COVID-19, the person is transferred to the special quarantine room within the Hotel and later to a health facility that will accommodate patients with COVID-19 if they need treatment. If not confirmed as a case of COVID-19, the persons is treated at the accommodation with the instructions of the treating physician.
- The patient is transported with SSM (simple surgical mask) and by ambulance.
- If there is a companion of the patient who wishes to stay close to him/her to take care of him/her (e.g. spouse), they should be given a simple surgical mask and advised to wash their hands every time they come in contact with secretions of the patient (e.g. saliva) and definitely before the attendant touches his/her face or eats or drinks.
- The patient’s contact details should always be recorded, if consent is required for interventions where the patient cannot communicate.
- Used protective equipment (simple disposable surgical mask, gloves), should be discarded in a bucket and never used again.
- After disposing of protective equipment, hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water. It is emphasized that the use of gloves does not replace hand washing, which is a very important means of prevention.
For further detailed description of the measures taken, contact us at email@example.com